December 15, 2009

Geo + Harajuku Lovers = ♥

I know I didn't write a review or recap or whatever... but really... I tried. I really really tried to love Alice (miniseries) but the more I saw, the more I didn't enjoy it. The first part was okay, but the second, I just couldn't get into it. Of all the characters I liked, Kathy Bates (Queen of Hearts) was the only one who really appealed to me. Everyone else was so fake. Even though I loved the concept... I think I'll wait for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

I know the people who know me have gotten used to me and my quirky nature but I really want these:


These are Geo Angel Colour Brown Circle Lens and as you can probably tell, it's a Japanese brand. Yes, they're brown and not blue. If you know me, you know how much I love my blue contacts and I wear them behind glasses so it doesn't matter to me if they have prescription or not. I have naturally large pupils so a lot of people tell me that my eyes are big enough, but it's not the pupil, people! LOL. I have an unhealthy obsession with contacts and seeing what I can do to make people go "whoa..." so when I first got into the whole contacts thing, I chose a bright blue that shocked people when they looked directly into my eyes. I won't wear white contacts because I'm not a huge fan of Guro Lolita, but for times such as Halloween or a family dinner, I might reconsider! ^^


For those of you wondering what Guro Lolita is, it's just one word: Injured. Now I'm not talking real injury. I mean fake ones. Guro Lolita often involves using white clothing (cover your eyes, Shiro Lolitas!) where you might consider splashing on fake blood and bandages around your forearms or leg. The point of it is to represent a broken doll, but more often than not you'll see girls looking like they've been horribly murdered. You might consider an eyepatch or create a massive discolouration under and around the eye with eyeshadows or facial paint to make it look like it has been severly bruised or injured. A friend of mine did it for the past Halloween and I wish I had seen her in full white, but wasn't able to. She looked terrific. The girl in the photo here is dressed as a Shiro Lolita, that is, a Lolita who only wears white. As you can see she's splashed herself with fake bright red blood, which in my opinion, doesn't really look like blood. Blood dries into this icky rusty brown colour and CLaire, my expert friend in blood stylings could tell you exactly how long and what she's tried to turn a normal lab coat into a bloody nightmare (no pun intended, ha ha ha). 

Personally I couldn't do that to my clothes. I treasure them too much to just splash it with paint, fake blood, etc... I'd definitely cry inside. Lolita outfits cost too much to just throw away like that! Unless of course I'm being paid to do it. But I think I'd still be heartbroken ;_; ... I'm more of a Gothic Lolita than just Kuro (black) or Shiro (white) anyways, I can't wear just white as it would be hard to maintain since white gets really dirty quickly. And I don't like just black sometimes. I do wear all black at times, but I prefer black and white, or a black/white/grey in checkered/plaid.

Speaking of black and white, I got my Harajuku Lovers Lindsey MaryJane shoes! It came in this really cute box. The photo below (not taken by me) doesn't show quite clearly the design on the box, but the baby/sax blue "border" is a printed image of a piece of blue ribbon with "HARAJUKU LOVERS" in endless repetition across the box. I'll take my own shots later, but here are some photos to give you the gist of it:


Aren't they cute? Yes I think so too! The straps are stretchy so you don't break them when you slide your foot in and as you can see, they have little Harajuku Lovers logo heart-shaped buttons. The inside is well padded and has an adorable design. Not to mention the soft suede-like fabric on the outside makes the whole shoe quite elegant, to say the least. There's also a little heart "charm", if you will, on the sole of the shoe. You can kind of see it in the photo. Overall, I'm really happy with this, although, I'm still struggling to work my way into them. They ARE 4 and 1/4 inches high, so ladies, don't wear them for too long unless you're already used to it!

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Thank you for your nice comment
    Please come a visit my blog again :X
    Love
    Stephanie said...
    Those heels are so cute!! I've been looking for a pair like those! haha ever since I saw Rosalie's mary jane's in twilight lol
    Mykki said...
    I love Guro Lolita! I admit, I would never splash brand clothing with fake blood, but it's incredibly easy to get some cheaper white cotton fabric, make a simple dress yourself and then stain it up. Something that you make just for the guro occasion. ^_^

Post a Comment